Australia Netherlands Bilateral Visa Waiver Agreement

An extended residence visa allows the holder to enter the Schengen area and stay in the issuing state for a period of more than 90 days, but not more than one year. The holder of a long-stay visa is allowed to travel freely within the Schengen area for up to three months in six months. Most Schengen states offer national “D” visas for long-term residence permits, but they generally have to be obtained in advance by the embassy/consulate of that state. There are only two countries that provide visas for an extended stay for travellers; France and Sweden. “The application of these visa waiver agreements in conjunction with schengen visa waiver agreements is complex. Each country manages visa waiver agreements in its own way. Most countries require you to take advantage of the visa waiver agreement at the end of your trip to the Schengen area. Contact the embassy or consulate of the country concerned to find out how they organise visa waiver agreements.┬áThese bilateral agreements are not necessary on our part now that Krys has obtained Polish citizenship and a Polish passport. For more information on other categories of people who can enter Denmark without a visa, please visit this page on the Danish Immigration Office website. Austria has the most visa-free regimes and has bilateral agreements with 27 third countries. Italy also has more than 20 agreements currently in force.

In fact, this means that the bilateral agreements that are about to sign the Schengen Agreement are still valid! So what are these bilateral agreements? I`m glad you asked. With the exception of Belgium (2 months), all bilateral agreements between New Zealand and the EU allow for stays of up to 90 days and, in most cases, all passports are accepted. A handful of countries (including Canada and NZ) have bilateral work visa agreements with Schengen countries. A work visa allows you to stay in Schengen for up to a year. The only downside is that you have to apply for this visa from your home country. My advice is, even if you do not plan to work, you will get one of these visas before you leave, and it will certainly be used if you plan to stay in Schengen for more than 90 days.